The Mask Project
A MASK COMPETITION
Submission Deadline: July 20, 2020, 12 AM EST
Vote Deadline: August 02, 2020, 12AM EST
·Artists from any country are welcome to apply with works in any medium: painting, drawing, calligraphy, poetry, embroidery, sculpture, digital, printmaking, fiber, photography, mixed media, and more.
·The Competition is open to all, regardless of age or professional status.
A sanitary mask
·Drag & Drop an image of your artwork on our:
·OR create your own sanitary mask design
·Painting, drawing, photography, embroidery, every medium or format are accepted.
·Upload 1 to 3 images of your mask design(s).
The 3 Winners will have their masks produced in a limited edition.
A handcrafted mask
· Your handcrafted mask does not have to be functional nor sanitary. Only creative !
·Sculpture, paper, collage, knit, fabric, metal, perishable material, etc, every medium or format are accepted.
·Upload 1 to 3 images of your handcrafted mask(s).
CHOOSE YOUR CATEGORY
AWARDS FOR EACH CATEGORY
1st Prize $1000
2nd Prize $300
3rd Prize $200
All Finalists will get global exposure.
· Artists may submit up to 3 images.
· Artists must be the creator of the artwork submitted and not infringe anyone else's copyrighted material. If there is any question about authenticity, The Curators reserves the right to demand proof of authorship. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of the entry.
· Artists must ensure high quality of images. We recommend 300 dpi jpeg.
· Artists infos must be accurate.
· Artists agrees to keep the work exclusively available for The Curators if selected for the duration of the exhibition.
· Sales of Artworks are optional. The Curators will handle further communication and requirements.
·Artists may be asked for additional material and interviews if selected as finalists.
Submission fee is $20, nonrefundable, for each submission - up to 3 images can be uploaded per submission.
FIRST ROUND : 10 finalists per category will be chosen by the public.
You may promote your work using #themaskproject.
FINAL ROUND : 3 winners per category will be selected by the JURY.
All winners will be notified of the final decision before August, 1st 2020 via e-mail and receive their PRIZE via Paypal or Wire Transfer.
All selected work will be on display online from August 15th – September 30th. The exhibition will be archived and available to view past these dates.
Artist retains full copyright of the work. Images will not be used by The Curators aside from the exhibition, interviews, social media posts, and sales in any other way without the artist's consent.
The Curators reserves the right to use images of the artwork on their website and social media. By submitting artwork via this call, the artist agrees to the terms outlined above.