The Curators invites contemporary visual artists from all over the world to submit to a competition chaired by eminent personalities and magazines from the arts, fashion and design industries.
Opening June 1st, 2020, 12pm EST
Deadline July 15th, 2020, 12pm EST
· Artists from any country are welcome to apply with works in any medium: painting, drawing, calligraphy, poetry, embroidery, sculpture, digital, printmaking, fiber, photography, mixed media, and more.
· The Competition is open to all, regardless of age or professional status.
2 categories are open for submission - PRINTED & HANDMADE
For PRINTED MASKS
· Artists may apply the design of their ORIGINAL ARTWORK - Painting, Drawing, Calligraphy, Photgraphy...any medium or format is accepted) to a CLOTH MASK TEMPLATE.
· Artists may use this MASK TEMPLATE and upload the design created for submission.
· Artists are encouraged to submit an image of their ORIGINAL ARTWORK along the image of their DESIGNED MASK.
For HANDMADE MASKS
· Artists may submit images of their HANDMADE MASK - There is no restrictions on the types of mediums or format used by the Artists.
· Artists are encouraged to share a link to their entry and gain as many pblic votes as possible.
AWARDS FOR EACH CATEGORY
· Artists must be the creator of the artwork submitted and not infringed anyone else's copyrighted material. If there is any question about authenticity, The Curators reserves the right to demand proof of authorship. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of the entry.
· Artists may submit up to 4 images of an individual artwork.
· Artists must ensure high quality of images, we recommend 300 dpi jpeg
· Artists infos must be accurate.
· Artists agrees to keep the work exclusively available for The Curators if selected for the duration of the exhibition.
· Artwork does not have to be for sale. For work that is for sale, The Curators will handle further communication and requirements.
· The Curators asks for a 40% commission on any sales ( sales of artwork are optional)
· Artists may be asked to be interviewed.
· All winners will be notified of the final decision before August, 1st 2020 via e-mail and receive their PRIZES via Paypal or Wire Transfer.
· All selected work will be on display online from August 15th – September 30th, and the exhibition will be archived and available to view past these dates as well.
Submission fee is $20 (nonrefundable)
Artist retains full copyright of the work. Images will not be used by The Curators aside from the exhibition, interviews, social media posts, and sales in any other way without the artist's consent.
The Curators reserves the right to use images of the artwork on their website and social media. By submitting artwork via this call, the artist agrees to the terms outlined above.