If you don’t read anything else…
We respect your rights. You retain full copyright in your images, and we only use them in direct connection with the award.
Every image published by THE CURATORS is credited to its owner.
Your personal information is collected for the purpose of administering your entry or membership, and keeping you abreast of news about the award. This information is kept securely and confidentially, and is not shared.
THE CURATORS website (thecurators.com) is operated and provided by THE CURATORS (referred to as “We,” “Us,” or “THE CURATORS ”).
By using THE CURATORS, you agree to the terms and conditions created by THE CURATORS.
Please read the following User Agreement, Terms and Conditions carefully.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE CURATORS may amend sections of this agreement from time to time by publishing the changed terms and conditions on the site. By using THE CURATORS website after we post amended sections of this agreement you agree to those changes.
THE CURATORS is a global community dedicated to bringing exposure and sharing the work of emerging and more established artists.
By agreeing to this User Agreement, you are agreeing that the terms of the Agreement will be relevant and apply every time that you use or access The Curators site, or when you use any available tools. Some linked sites may have other terms that will be applied to you when or if you access them.
THE VISIONS PROJECT
1. Sponsor: The Visions Project (the "Contest") is sponsored by The Curators INC., 330 Ellery St, Brooklyn, NY (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for all aspects of the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
2. Eligibility: Contest (the "Contest") is only open to participants who are legal residents of All Countries, and who are 13+ at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Employees of The Curators (the "Sponsor"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on April, 26h 2020 and ending MAY 31st, 2021 at 11:59 PM (the “Entry Period”). All online entries must be received by May 31st, 2021 11:59 PM . All times are (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Curators. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Curators.
5. Qualifying Submissions: Submission fee : $20, non refundable, for 3 images of an individual artwork. DEADLINE : MAY 31st 2021
Artists may submit their ORIGINAL ARTWORK - Painting, Drawing, Calligraphy, Photography...any medium or format is accepted) There is no restrictions on the types of mediums or format used by the Artists. · Artists must be the creator of the artwork submitted and not infringed anyone else's copyrighted material. If there is any question about authenticity, The Curators reserves the right to demand proof of authorship. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of the entry. · Artists may submit up to 5 images of an individual artwork. · Artists must ensure high quality of images, we recommend 300 dpi jpeg · Artists infos must be accurate. · Artists agrees to keep the work exclusively available for The Curators if selected for the duration of the exhibition. · Artwork does not have to be for sale. For work that is for sale, The Curators will handle further communication and requirements. · The Curators asks for a 40% commission on any sales ( sales of artwork are optional) .
6. Judging: The Contest entries will be solely based on the Jury's choice.
·All selected works will be promoted and on display online from June to – September 2021 on THE CURATORS
The exhibition will be archived and available to view past these dates.
·All selected artists will be promoted and featured in The Curators Journal Vol.1
8. Winner Notification: Winners of the Contest will be notified via e-mail or phone to the e-mail address or phone number they entered into the Contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Curators shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that The Curators, anyone acting on behalf of The Curators, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
10. Terms: The Curators reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, The Curators may judge submissions from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Curators. The Curators reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
The Curators has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, The Curators reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from The Curators. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless The Curators and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND NY, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in NY having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: For the names of the winners, please contact us at and in the body of the email type 'Please e-mail me the winners' list for the The Curators Contest.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Contest and not to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.
USING THE CURATORS
While using THE CURATORS web service, you agree to not:
I. Post any request or content in inappropriate categories on the site.
II. Infringe on or break any laws, third-party rights or policies.
III. Fail to pay for services that you have received, unless the site has changed the services/pricing or a clear typo error has been made.
IV. Avoid the billing process or THE CURATORS fees.
V. Post offensive, misleading, inaccurate or false information (personal or otherwise).
VI. Post spam or send bulk emails, unwanted chain letters or any pyramid schemes.
VII. Knowingly plant viruses or anything that may harm THE CURATORS as a site or any of its users; post or send anything that is offensive, derogatory, profane or other means of abuse or harassment/anything that may bring harm to or incite the mistreatment of another
VIII. Copy THE CURATORS’s content to display along with listings from other sites/use any part of our site onto another site without our written consent.
IX. Attempt to modify, change, disassemble or reverse engineer any software used by the site.
X. Copy or change rights or any other content from THE CURATORS site/ The CURATORS copyrights/trademarks.
XI. Collect other users’ information, such as email addresses, without being given consent.
You are not allowed to use or access the site if you:
I. Are unable to enter into legally binding contracts.
II. Are under 16 years old.
III. Have been suspended from using the site.
Based on your local laws, a person who is over 16 years of age but less than 18 years of age is allowed to use the website once they have been given permission of the parent or guardian. Despite this, the parent or guardian is to be held responsible for everything that occurs on the site.
Users have the option to use a business name that will be associated with their submissions. Users agree that though a company name may be associated with their submission, the User Agreement holds them to contract, and not the business or company. Users agree that they will be the sole person responsible for any activity that occurs on their Account. The site has the right to refuse to allow an individual to register with us, based on our sole discretion.
INFRINGEMENT UPON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
It is THE CURATORS's policy to respond to any allegations of intellectual property rights infringement. Our copyright infringement policy seeks to make infringement claims as straightforward and easy as possible while reducing the amount of false or difficult infringement claims that we receive. It is important that, given you find that your intellectual property rights have been infringed upon, notify/contact us and we shall investigate the situation.
FEES AND SERVICES
You must pay a fee in order to enter The Mask Project Competition. We may temporarily adjust our fees in a few instances, such as for promotions (discounts on membership fees) or for new services, and these changes will be made effective when the promotion or new service is posted on the site. We offer a $20 fee for each submission. They all reward the 1st winner with a $1000 cash prize, the 2nd winner with a $300 cash prize and the 3rd winner with a $200 cash prize for each category: LIMITED EDITION and ORIGINAL and help all the finalists to gain exposure though online exhibition and publication.
THE CURATORS may show your company’s name, logo, pictures or video, descriptions, and profile as a part of advertising for THE CURATORS services or other marketing relating to the site. However, we may not do this in cases where you have asked outright that we do not, and we have agreed.
You are and shall remain solely responsible for all content, images, photographs, graphics, video, messages, files or other materials (“Content”) which is transmitted, posted, or distributed by you through THE CURATORS, including but not limited to the contents of your e-mail communications, information, photos or images posted by you and information, photos, images, sound files or other Content posted by you in a forum or other page. This means that you, and not The CURATORS, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site. Under no circumstances will THE CURATORS be liable in any way for any Content posted by any User or third party, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service. You agree to not post anything to which you do not have the rights. THE CURATORS does not own or control the Content posted by users via the service and, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You may be exposed to Content posted by other users that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable.
THE CURATORS will NEVER assume ownership of your work, and the artist’s copyright settings, as selected by the artist, will remain associated with each published project. Work submitted to The Mask Project remains owned by the artist, under the artist’s selected copyright settings, and artists decide whether or not to sell their work to third parties – THE CURATORS may act as an intermediary in selling creative work.
THE CURATORS does not claim any permanent ownership of the Content you submit. As a photography competition organization, however, we require a limited license to host and display this content, as specified below. For instance, it enables THE CURATORS to promote and showcase your work across THE CURATORS's website, Social Networks and partner sites that present your work professionally – with link to your portfolio. We require a limited license in order to promote and showcase your content across THE CURATORS’s Network. The limited license below is required to allow THE CURATORS to host, display, organize, and propagate your work. By communicating with THE CURATORS, including submitting or sending Content, correspondence or other information or material to THE CURATORS (“Your Content”), you grant THE CURATORS a limited license for 3 years, or for the period of time your Content is published in CURATORS’s systems, to display the work royalty-free, unrestricted, and world-wide, across THE CURATORS’s sites, and THE CURATORS’s Networks. In some cases, media must be reformatted for display and incorporation into THE CURATORS’s galleries. As such, during this limited license, you allow THE CURATORS to reproduce, modify, publish, translate, distribute, perform and display your Content (in whole or part), and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Such limited license also includes incorporating Content, in whole or in part, into a THE CURATORS feature or in promotional or marketing materials (respectfully and attributed properly to the artist).
You are aware of, and agree that:
I. THE CURATORS only operates as a medium for the distribution and publishing of content by users. We make no guarantee that content is actually available and present on the site. We have the right, but are not obligated, to take any necessary action as we see fit in regards to your user content.
II. We are not responsible for the deletion of content or failure to save/store any content that was or was not made available on the site itself.
III. All content that you submit to the site is subject to our approval or disapproval. We have the right to accept, reject, or change your content as we see fit.
You acknowledge and guarantee that your content will not:
I. Infringe upon any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property right or proprietary right or right of publicity or privacy.
II. Violate any laws.
III. Defame or be trade libelous.
IV. Be obscene/inappropriate or contain any type of child pornography.
V. Entail the design and manufacturing of any nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
VI. Contain anything linked to acts of terror.
VII. Contain false, incomplete or otherwise inaccurate data about yourself or any other user or person.
VIII. Contain viruses or other technology meant to damage or interfere with any systems or data in any way.
THE CURATORS may include or contain links to third party sites; however, we do not have control over the sites to which we link. We do not endorse any of the products, policies or content of the sites we link to. The use of third party content and sites is done at your sole discretion and risk.
COMMUNICATION WITH OTHER USERS
You are not permitted to post your email address or other types of contact info on the site, save for when you enter your email for newsletter, at the registration page or as we may otherwise allow on the site.
If we do not provide another user’s contact info through the site, you are not allowed to try to contact other users concerning Projects or private affairs via email, phone, and other messaging or chat services such as Skype, MSN, and Yahoo.
NO WARRANTY AS TO CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE
The site is dynamic and changes with time. Due to this, info on the site may change often. It is possible that some of this info may be seen as misleading, offensive or inaccurate.
The site, THE CURATORS services and all of the content on the site are offered on an ‘as is,’ ‘with all faults’ and ‘as available’ basis. No warranties of any kind are explicitly or implicitly stated.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event are we, our related entities, our affiliates or employees to be held liable, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), or any other form, for:
I. Any damages that you incur, whether they be direct, indirect, incidental or consequential
II. Any loss of funds or profits, whether direct or indirect, that you incur
III. Any claim, damage or loss that you incur as caused any transaction that you make on the site
The limitations on our liability, as shown above, shall apply whether or not we and all of our related entities as aforementioned have been advised of the risk of such losses. We specifically limit our liability in the case of the breach of a non-excludable warranty implied by legislation to the
following remedies (the choice of which remains under our sole discretion).
What types of information do we collect?
Based on the services that you use, we collect various types of information about or from you.
The things that you do and the information that you will provide
When you use our services, such as by submitting your images, we collect the information that you provide. We also retrieve information about the way in which you make use of the service. This includes the types of information that you view and the duration of your use.
The things that others do and the information that they provide
Similarly, we collect information that other people may make available by using our services. This can include information about you, which can be created by sharing an image, a picture of you, messaging you or uploading, syncing and importing your contact info.
We collect information about the devices on which you access our services. This depends on the permissions that you’ve given to us. If you use different devices, we may associate the information taken from all of them in order to give you consistent service regardless of which device you use. The following are a few examples of device info that we collect.
• Operating system, device settings, file names/types, hardware version, signal strength and battery strength
• Geographic locations via Wi-Fi, GPS or Bluetooth
• ISP, language, mobile number, IP address, browser type
Information from websites and apps that use our services
When you use sites or apps that use our services, we collect information. This includes info about those sites and apps, info that the site or app developer provides to you as well as info about your use of our services on those sites and apps.
Information from third-party partners
We receive info about you as well as about your activities on social media sites from our third-party partners. This includes information about your experience with these partners or any interactions that you may have. Please send us an email at email@example.com if there is any question regarding our terms.